Members Only Physician Wellness Program
The Orange County Medical Association and the Cooperative of American Physicians have partnered to create a Physician Wellness Program.
The guiding principle is to provide a broad set of resources:
- for physicians to thrive and grow in their professional and personal lives
- which reduce risk of physician burnout
- which will have a positive impact on patients, colleagues and the community at large.
- for physicians to participate on a voluntary basis.
The main focus is to prevent burnout and promote wellness:
Burnout is a syndrome of emotional exhaustion, depersonalization, and a sense of low personal accomplishment that leads to decreased effectiveness at work. First described in the 1970s, it differs from the global impairment of depression in that it primarily affects an individual’s relationship to their work.
Wellness goes beyond merely the absence of distress and includes being challenged, thriving, and achieving success in various aspects of personal and professional life.
Components of the Wellness Program will include :
- Physical Health
- Psychological/Mental Health
- Work/Life Balance
- Financial Health
- Risk Management
- Spiritual Health
OCMA Members login to retrieve past Physician Wellness materials here.